I watched this interview twice already and I recommend you also do.
Some of the best advise I picked from Mellody:
1) Actively work to stay engaged with great people. Just find ways to stay in touch with them. Continue reading Mellody Hobson, President of Ariel Investment
Recently, I have been travelling quite extensively (wedding preparations ) and I must say I very much enjoy the longer (4 days) weekends. It gives the time to re-charge but it also, literally, takes me out of the
work box. Continue reading It’s time to open the next door!
Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of American Vogue Continue reading Cardigan Twin
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 175g plain white flour
- tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 120ml milk
- 125g Summer fruit (whole currants, pitted cherries, blueberries, raspberries or chopped strawberries
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
Step by step
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Oil a medium-sized loaf tin and dust with flour to stop the loaf from sticking. Or, use two mini loaf tins. If you’re cooking them at the same time, the cooking time will remain the same.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl.
3. Whisk the egg, milk and butter together. Fold through the flour mixture. Be careful not to over-mix.
4. Swirl in the fruit and chocolate, saving a bit for the top.
5. Pour the mix into the tin. Scatter the remaining fruit and chocolate over the top.
6. Bake for 45 mins, till golden and a wooden skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.