The winner of the best outfit from my latest Outfit Inspiration is no.1!!! You quite liked it!
So, that’s the winner is:
and here are the other ones:
After the poll hit the virtual world [like I’d have thousands of subscribers;)] one of my friend wrote to me:
Sometimes I would really like to re-vamp my wardrobe, but as soon as I came back from the shopping I realise I bought the same style clothes once again.
Oh yes I experienced this
problem challenge too. Here is how I deal with it:
Before I head to the shop I do a research:
1. I visit pinterest.com for inspiration. I scroll down until I found the one or few more outfits that catches my attention. Next: I always download the outfit I really like and store it in a Fashion folder on my desktop. I will have them all in one place. Once I am ready to hit shops I will remind myself of prospective purchases. If you are new to pinterest.com – simply visit the web-site and search outfit or fashion word, click enter and embark on your wardrobe re-vamp journey.
2. I visit main high street brands online: H&M (Great Britain), Mango etc. I do find plenty of inspiration there too. If I like something very much I can choose to buy online straight away or later on in the shop. I can always store the favourite outfit in my Fashion folder for future reference. Please bear in mind that the content of H&M online may vary according to the country you live in.
3. I buy from asos.com. This company delivers almost every where in the world – for free or with some slight additional charge if you need the perfect dress ASAP. I bought a bunch of lovely dresses from asos.com! What I like about asos.com is the video presentations available so you can literally see the dress moving.
4. I visit H&M online dressing room. It is a fantastic tool to put pieces of clothe together and see if it actually works. I got plenty of ideas simply by playing and dressing the virtual model. Meanwhile enjoying my coffee ;)
Here are other tricks to re-vamp your outfits :
- Get rid of all old cardigans, jumpers etc that are suitable only for your grandmother. They just made you look awkward, old, gloomy and of no energy.
- Get yourself good pair of jeans or skinny jeans. There is nothing worst that the old-fashion pair of trousers. Personally I can’t stand those.
- Play with colours
- Un-clutter your wardrobe by giving away all clothes you don’t wear and most importantly those that look average
- Don’t wait to wear you best dress, the best blazer or your most-loved shoes on the special occasion. Life is short!
I understand that it is far more important what is “in your mind” compare to what is in your wardrobe – there is no doubt about it. However look well-groomed, smart and chic – your outfit will become your asset. Simply dress your best!
What are your tips when it comes to choosing new clothes?