I watched this interview twice already and I recommend you also do.
Some of the best advise I picked from Mellody:
- 1) Actively work to stay engaged with great people. Just find ways to stay in touch with them.
- 2) Answer yourself: does this spark joy?
- 3) You never know who is watching. Everyone is a potential customer
- 4) Sometimes you need to be a hammer, sometimes you need to be like a powder puff.
- 5) The more I know the more confident I am.
- 6) If you feel strongly about something go all in about it.
- 7) You will be in room with people who are older than you, who have bigger titles and who make a lot of money but it does not mean that your idea is not as good.
- 8) Do not make any [career] decision based on money.
- 9) I have been asked to do things from sublime to ridiculous and I welcomed every single one. I just wanted to do great work.
- 10) Are you a fanatic?
I am curious if any of you disagree? I would be grateful to hear your opinion.